Well that will teach me to follow in the footsteps of Roger the Rooster and get all cocky. I was super confident about my healthy Capricorn® Goats Cheese, Blueberry and Avocado Superfood Salad, but un-baaaa-lievably Beryl managed to graze her way to victory.
Nonetheless, I am still a very grateful goat to all my loyal supporters who did re-bleat, with a special bleat going to @Over_A_Cuppa who took the time to make my recipe and bleat about it too!
Beryl can gloat all she likes, but I can feel a week three comeback for #capricorncold with my goatally scrumptious Capricorn® Goats Cheese and Vine Tomato Salsa Bruschetta!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 x100g Capricorn® Goats Cheese
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 3-4 vine tomatoes
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- A handful of chopped chives
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced and zested
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. To create the tomato salsa, dice the vine tomatoes into small pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Add the red onion, chopped chillies, lime juice and zest.
3. Pour over enough olive oil to just cover.
4. Season well with salt and pepper, stir well and set aside.
5. Slice the ciabatta into four, two slices for each person, and chargrill for 2-4 minutes.
6. Place the Capricorn® Goats Cheese on the ciabatta, spoon over the tomato salsa, and serve.
Per serving: 450 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat)
This dish is light but creamy and has a kick, depending on how brave you are with the chilli...
Hope you like them, and if you do please re-bleat! Beryl is really getting on my goat with all this talk of her great win.