We’re on a very simple mission – to get more people eating and enjoying our goats cheese.
Myself, Beryl, Ethel, Dot and Eva can baaaaa-rely contain our excitement as this month we go on tour, campaigning for the nation to use more goats cheese when cooking, preparing a cheeseboard or looking for the perfect pairing for their favourite cracker.
The girls and I have butted our heads together to share some amazing goats cheese facts. Enjoy!
- Lower in cholesterol. Goat’s milk has smaller fat globules than cow’s milk – meaning Capricorn Goats Cheese is lower in cholesterol whilst just as rich in calcium, an excellent source of quality proteins!
- The perfect substitute. Goats cheese is a fabulous alternative for those unable to tolerate cow’s milk.
- For the sleepy heads. Tryptophan, one of the essential amino acids contained in Capricorn Goats Cheese, has been shown to reduce stress and induce sleep.
- Variation is the spice of life. Different breeds of dairy goat produce their own unique flavour of milk – which is why Capricorn Goats Cheese, made from the milk of goats that graze on the lush dairy pastures of Somerset, is so creamy and full of flavour!
- Hearty seafarers. Goats are good on the water, so in the past they accompanied sailors at sea for months at a time – making them the firm favourite for milk supplies on long voyages. Ahoy there matey!
Some of the girls are on Twitter too! You can follow @BeryltheGoat, @EtheltheGoat or @DottheGoat to stay up to date with all the goat gossip.